Boston University School of Graduate Dentistry. C.A.G.S. Periodontics (1987)
Emory University School of Dentistry. D.D.S. (1985)
University of Richmond. B.S. (1981)
HONORS & DISTINCTIONS:
- Diplomate, American Board of Periodontology
- Fellow, International College of Dentists
- Fellow, American College of Dentists
- Past President, North Carolina Society of Periodontists
- Past President, Charlotte Dental Society
- Past Chair, Charlotte Dental Society Peer Review
- Charlotte's Best Dentists (since inception)
University of North Carolina School of Dentistry, Chapel Hill, NC
Carolinas Medical Center, General Practice Residency, Charlotte, NC
Central Piedmont Community College Dept. of Dental Hygiene, Charlotte, NC
Dr. Tolmie has authored and coauthored numerous research and clinical opinion papers in peer reviewed professional journals. He is involved in clinical trials and periodontal surgical product research. Additionally, he is active in several dental study groups and ongoing continuing education pursuits.
Dr. Tolmie is married and has two daughters in college. He is an active sports enthusiast and is heavily involved in various church, community activities and boards. Special interest and focus is as a Board Member of the Faraja Primary School for Disabled Children in Tanzania, Africa.